Learn to Win
Terms of Service
Learn to Win Terms of Service
In order to use the Services, you must first agree to these Terms. If you are registering for or using the Services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and promising that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will also refer to that organization, wherever possible. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE SERVICES USING AN EMAIL ADDRESS FROM YOUR EMPLOYER OR ANOTHER ORGANIZATION, THEN (A) YOU WILL BE DEEMED AUTHORIZED TO REPRESENT THE ORGANIZATION, AND (B) YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS WILL BIND THE ORGANIZATION TO THESE TERMS.
THESE TERMS MAY BE UPDATED BY US FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. YOU CAN REVIEW THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF THE TERMS AT ANY TIME AT: https://www.learntowin.us/terms/. THE TERMS GOVERN YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY LEARN TO WIN WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, ANY ORDER YOU PLACE, AND YOUR USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE SERVICES.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE YOUR CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE IN THE SAME WAY AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION, DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER, AND DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SERVICES.
ARBITRATION NOTICE. EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN KINDS OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN SECTION 12.6, CUSTOMER AGREES THAT DISPUTES ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS, CUSTOMER AND LEARN TO WIN ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. CUSTOMER AGREES TO GIVE UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND ITS RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE TAKEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT). CUSTOMER’S RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY.
These Terms are effective as of the date you first click “Agree” (or similar button or checkbox) or use or access the Services, whichever is earlier (the “Effective Date”). These Terms do not have to be signed in order to be binding.
- “Administrator” means any designated Authorized User authorized to use the Enterprise Tools on Customer’s behalf.
- “Authorized User” means any of Customer’s employees or contractors, in each case who are authorized to use the Services on Customer’s behalf. For coaching applications, “Authorized Users” may include athletes and/or students as applicable.
- “Customer Content” means any content uploaded by Customer to the Hosted Services, including photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works.
- “Enterprise Tools” means enterprise applications and services, including without limitation Customer Content management, user management, and generating custom microlearning programs and learning analytics, available to Customer via an administrator version of the Hosted Services (as defined below).
- “Hosted Services” means Company’s proprietary software-as-a-service platform for microlearning training programs.
- “Services” means any and all Enterprise Tools, Hosted Services, Support Services, and the Mobile Application.
- “Mobile Application” means the mobile applications related to the Hosted Services to be provided to Customers’ End Users under these Terms.
- “Professional Services” means any consulting services ordered by Customer pursuant to a statement of work executed between the parties, from time to time.
- “Support Services” means the technical support and software maintenance services provided by Company.
- Enterprise Tools and Hosted Services. Subject to Customer’s ongoing compliance with these Terms, Company hereby grants to Customer a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right during the applicable Subscription Term to allow:
- Administrators to access and use the Enterprise Tools, solely for Customer’s internal business and educational purposes.
- Authorized Users to access and use the Hosted Services, solely for Customer’s internal business and educational purposes.
- Mobile Application. Subject to Customer’s ongoing compliance with these Terms, Company hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license during the applicable Subscription Term to allow Authorized Users to install and run the Mobile Application in object code form only on a mobile device controlled by Customer or its Authorized Users, solely for internal business purposes in connection with enabling secure access to Hosted Services.
- Restrictions. Customer shall not (and will ensure its Authorized Users do not), directly or indirectly, and shall not authorize any third party to, (i) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of, reconstruct, or discover any hidden elements of the Mobile Application or Hosted Services (except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law); (ii) translate, adapt, or modify the Application or Hosted Services, or any portion of any of the foregoing; (iii) write or develop any program based upon the Mobile Application, the Hosted Services, or any portion thereof, or otherwise use the Services in an manner for the purpose of developing products or services that compete with the Services; (iv) sell, sublicense, transfer, assign, lease, rent, distribute, or grant a security interest in the Services or any rights thereto; (v) use the Services for the benefit of, or allow access to the Services by, unauthorized persons; (vi) transmit unlawful, infringing or harmful data or code to or from the Hosted Services; (vii) alter or remove any trademarks or proprietary notices contained in or on the Mobile Application or Hosted Services; (viii) circumvent or otherwise interfere with any authentication or security measures of the Hosted Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance thereof; (ix) use the Services in a manner that violates these Terms, any third party rights or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; or (x) otherwise use the Services or any Learn to Win IP (as defined below) except as expressly permitted hereunder. Learn to Win may, but is under no obligation to, monitor Customer’s use of the Hosted Service. Learn to Win may suspend Customer or any of its Authorized User’s access to the Mobile Application or Hosted Service for any period during which Customer or its Authorized User(s) is, or Learn to Win has a reasonable basis for alleging Customer is, in noncompliance with this Section.
- Third-Party Components. Customer is solely responsible for obtaining all third-party hardware, software, and connectivity necessary to operate the Mobile Application and access and use the Hosted Services (“Third-Party Components”), and Learn to Win will have no maintenance, support, warranty, or other obligations or liability regarding such Third-Party Components, whether or not Learn to Win has provided specifications for such Third-Party Components. In particular, Customer acknowledges that a high-speed Internet connection is required at all times in order for the Services to operate properly and that Learn to Win will not be obligated to provide Support Services to the extent that such high-speed connection is not in operation, although all fees for such Support Services will continue to accrue during any such connectivity outage.
3. Professional Services
- Professional Services. Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to perform the Professional Services in accordance with any specifications set forth in the Order Form or any statement of work executed by the parties, including without limitation. Customer will reasonably cooperate with Company to facilitate provision of Professional Services. This cooperation will include, without limitation, (i) performing any tasks reasonably necessary for Company to provide the Professional Services; (ii) fulfilling any obligations described the applicable Order Form in a timely manner; and (iii) responding to Company’s reasonable requests for information related to Professional Services in a timely manner.
- Customer hereby grants to Company a non-exclusive, worldwide and royalty-free license during the Subscription Term to use the Customer’s trademarks, name, logos and other indicators of origin provided to Company in writing (collectively, “Customer’s Marks”) in connection with the provision of the Professional Services.
- Support Services. Subject to Customer’s ongoing compliance with the terms of these Terms (including timely payment of all applicable fees), Company agrees to (a) provide reasonable technical support to Customer, by email or telephone, during Company’s normal business hours of 9am-5pm PST, excluding US holidays; and (b) use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to support requests in a timely manner, and to resolve such issues by providing updates and/or workarounds to Customer, consistent with the severity of the issues identified in such requests and their impact on Customer’s business operations, in Company’s reasonable discretion.
4. Customer Data and Content
- Customer Data. Any non-public data submitted by Customer or otherwise made available to Company via the Services is “Customer Data.” However, Customer Data does not include any information that is data independently derived by Company through analysis of the Customer Data or Usage Data (as defined below), to the extent such derived data does not itself contain Customer Data. Company will implement commercially reasonable measures to secure the Hosted Services against unauthorized access to or alteration of Customer Data; provided that Customer is solely responsible for maintaining the security and operability of its systems and devices used to access the Hosted Services and ensuring timely transmission of, and the accuracy, quality, integrity, and reliability of, all Customer Data.
- Customer Data License. Customer hereby grants to Company a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license (i) to use all Customer Data and other data made available to Company or transmitted through the Services by or on behalf of Customer to perform Company’s obligations hereunder; and (ii) to use any non-personally identifiable information related to Customer’s use of the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve Company’s products and services. Customer will (a) obtain all permissions or approvals from each Authorized User as necessary for Customer to provide Customer Data to Company, and (b) comply with all laws applicable to Customer’s provision of Customer Data.
- Customer Content. By providing Customer Content to or via the Hosted Service, Customer grants Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute the Customer Content, in whole or in part, to Authorized Users of the Hosted Services including via the Mobile Application.
5. Fees; Payment
- Fees. By using the Services, you are expressly agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges you incur in connection with your use of the Services (the “Fees”), which may include, without limitation, subscription fees, license fees, professional services fees, and support fees. All Fees are non-refundable.
- Authorization. Customer authorizes Company or its third party payment processors to charge all sums for Services, including all applicable taxes, to the payment method specified in Customer’s account. Company or its third party payment processors may seek pre-authorization of Customer’s credit card account prior to Customer’s purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover Customer’s purchase.
- Payment Terms. Fees are due on a periodic basis specified in the applicable Order Form. Customer authorizes Company or its third party payment processor to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or Customer’s account, all Fees on or before the payment due date for those Fees. Customer must cancel Customer’s subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic Fee to Customer’s account. Customer may cancel its subscription by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Term and Termination
- Term. These Terms will begin on the Effective Date and will continue for the initial subscription term stated in the applicable Order Form. Unless otherwise specified in the Order Form, subscription term will automatically renew for immediately successive terms of the same length (each such term, collectively and individually, the “Subscription Term”), unless either party cancels such subscription by providing written notice at least 90 days prior to the expiration of the applicable Subscription Term.
- Termination by Company. Company may without prior notice immediately terminate Customer’s account and access to the Services. For illustrative purposes only, the situations in which Company might terminate Customer’s account and access to the Services shall include, but not be limited to: (a) breaches or violations of these Terms or other incorporated agreements or guidelines; (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) a request by Customer (self-initiated account deletions); (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Services (or any part thereof); (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems; (f) extended periods of inactivity; (g) engagement by Customer in fraudulent or illegal activities; and/or (h) nonpayment of any Fees owed by Customer in connection with its subscription. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Learn to Win’s sole and absolute discretion and that Learn to Win shall not be liable to Customer or any third party for any termination of the account, or access to the Services.
- Termination for Convenience. Customer may terminate these Terms at any time by providing notice to Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. The effective date of any termination, whether by Customer or Company, for cause or otherwise, will be the end of the then-current Subscription Term, and Customer’s obligation to pay the Fees for the entire Subscription Term shall remain in full force and effect with no right to a refund for any pre-paid Fees.
- Effect of Termination. Upon the effective date of expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason: (i) the licenses granted to Customer in Sections 2.1 and 2.2 will automatically terminate; (ii) Customer must and shall ensure that all Authorized Users immediately cease use of the Hosted Services and delete any copies of the Mobile Application within its possession or control and certify in writing the same has been completed; (iii) all outstanding payment obligations of Customer will become due and payable immediately; (iv) each party will promptly return or destroy any Confidential Information of the other party then in its possession or control. It is Customer’s sole responsibility to export its content and other data stored in the Services prior to such termination or expiration. Learn to Win shall have no liability to Customer, any User, or any third party in connection with the loss of, or inability to access or recover such data after the termination or expiration of Customer’s account. The following provisions will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason: Sections 1, 2.3, 2.4, 5 (with respect to Fees due), 6.4, and 7 through 12.
- Definition. “Confidential Information” means all nonpublic information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company IP (as defined in Section 8.1) and Usage Data (as defined in Section 4.2) are Company’s Confidential Information. However, Confidential Information will not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party; or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of or reference to the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information.
- Use; Maintenance. The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but in no event less than reasonable care). In addition, (i) the Receiving Party will only use Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to perform its obligations or exercise its rights under these Terms; and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party expressly in writing, the Receiving Party will limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its employees and agents who need such access to perform obligations under these Terms and who are bound by confidentiality obligations substantially similar to those set forth in these Terms. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party if it is compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior written notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure.
8. Proprietary Rights; Feedback
- Reservation of Rights. Company owns and retains all rights, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to (i) the Services, the Mobile Application, and Company’s Confidential Information; and (ii) the Usage Data (“Company IP”). Other than as expressly set forth in these Terms, no license or other rights in or to the Company IP are granted to Customer, and all such rights are expressly reserved by Company. Without limiting the foregoing, if Company performs any Professional Services under these Terms, Company will own and retain all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to any work product or deliverables developed in connection with such Professional Services, all such work product or deliverables will be included in the definition of Company IP.
- Customer Ownership. As between the parties, Customer owns the Customer’s Marks, Customer Content and Customer Data.
- Feedback. If Customer or any Authorized User provides comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding the Services (“Feedback”) to Company, Company may use, modify, and incorporate such Feedback for any lawful purpose, including to improve or enhance the Services or its other products and services, and Customer hereby grants to Company a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify, and otherwise exploit such Feedback without restriction and without any obligation to provide attribution or compensation to Customer.
- Government Rights. Company provides the Services, including any related software, data, and technology, for ultimate government end use solely in accordance with the following: The government hereby agrees that the Services qualifies as “commercial” computer software. Government technical data and software rights related to the Services include only those rights customarily provided to the public as defined in these Terms. This customary commercial license is provided in accordance with FAR 12.211 (Technical Data) and FAR 12.212 (Software) and, for Department of Defense transactions, DFAR 252.227-7015 (Technical Data – Commercial Items) and DFAR 227.7202-3 (Rights in Commercial Computer Software or Computer Software Documentation). If a government agency has a need for rights not granted under these Terms, it must negotiate with Company to determine if there are acceptable terms for granting those rights, and a mutually acceptable written addendum specifically granting those rights must be included in any applicable agreement.
9. Representation and Warranties
- Mutual. Each party represents and warrants to the other party: (a) it is duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing as a corporation or other entity under the laws of the jurisdiction of its incorporation or other organization; (b) these Terms constitute a valid, binding, and enforceable obligation upon it; and (c) it has the full right, power, and authority to enter into and perform its obligations under these Terms.
- By Customer. Customer represents, warrants and covenants to Company that (a) Customer owns or otherwise has and will have the necessary rights and consents in and relating to the Customer Data and Customer Content so that, as received by Company and used in accordance with these Terms, it does not and will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any third party or violate any applicable laws; (b) Customer will provide all required notices and obtain all required consents from Authorized Users to allow Company to provide such Authorized Users with the Hosted Services, including without limitation with respect to electronic communication regulations. Customer agrees and acknowledges that it is solely responsible for the Customer Content and the consequences of providing Company Content via the Hosted Service, including the accuracy integrity and legality thereof.
Except and to the extent restricted by applicable law, Customer will defend, or at its option, settle any third-party claim brought against Company or its affiliates or their shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents: (i) alleging that the use by or on behalf of Company of the Customer Data or Customer Content infringes or misappropriates any third party’s rights or violates any laws; (ii) arising out of any alleged breach of these Terms by Customer or any Authorized User of the Services; or (iii) arising from Customer or any Authorized User’s violation of any applicable laws. Customer will pay all damages finally awarded against Company (or the amount of any settlement Customer enters into) with respect to such claim defended by Customer. Company agrees to provide Customer with (i) prompt written notice of; (ii) sole control over the defense and settlement of; and (iii) all information and assistance reasonably requested by Customer in connection with the defense or settlement of, any such claim. Company may appear in connection with such claims, at its own expense, through counsel reasonably acceptable to Customer.
11. Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, USE, LOSS OF DATA, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR RELIANCE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR DEVICE, THAT ANY DATA PROVIDED BY COMPANY THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, OR THAT ITS SECURITY MEASURES WILL BE SUFFICIENT TO PREVENT THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO CUSTOMER DATA OR CUSTOMER’S DEVICES. COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY COMPONENTS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED WITH THE COMPANY SERVICES AND FOR THE AVAILABILITY OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION STORED ON THE SERVICE.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, TREBLE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA, OR ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, AND COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, HOWEVER CAUSED, AND BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONTRACT OR TORT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER DURING THE 12-MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED OR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
12. General Provisions
- Force Majeure; Delays. Except for the obligation to pay money, neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in its performance under these Terms due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation an act of war, terrorism, act of God, earthquake, flood, embargo, riot, sabotage, labor shortage or dispute, governmental act, epidemic, pandemic, or failure or degradation of the Internet. Company is not responsible for liable for any delay or failure of performance caused in whole or in part by Customer’s delay in performing, or failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms.
- Publicity. Company may use Customer’s name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on Company’s website and in other communication with existing or potential Company customers, subject to any written trademark policies Customer may provide Company in writing, with reasonable advanced notice.
- Export Controls. Customer agrees to comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations related to its use of Company IP.
- Notices. Any notices required or permitted under these Terms must be submitted to (i) the mailing address or email address on file with Company, in the case of Customer or (ii) email@example.com in the case of Company. Each notice will be deemed delivered on the date the sender can reliably confirm the notice was sent.
- Arbitration. The parties will resolve all disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms through confidential binding arbitration. A party intending to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party. The parties will use good faith efforts to resolve the dispute directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the notice is received, either party may commence an arbitration proceeding. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The arbitration will be conducted in English in San Mateo County, California, USA by one arbitrator selected in accordance with the applicable rules of the AAA for. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding on both parties, and the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The costs and expenses of the arbitration will be shared equally by both parties; however, if the arbitrator finds that either the substance of the claim or the relief sought in arbitration is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. This Section 12.5 will not prohibit either party from: (a) seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction; (b) pursuing an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available, or (c) filing suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement or misappropriation claim. If this Section 12.5 is found to be unenforceable, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 12.6 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Modifications to Service. Company may add, modify or discontinue any feature, functionality or any other tool, within the Services, at its own discretion and without further notice. However, if Company makes any material adverse change in the core functionality of the Services, then Company will provide notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Services or by sending Customer an email. Customer’s sole remedy for any changes to the Services is to terminate its subscription in accordance with the terms of Section 6 above.
- Audit. Upon advanced notice of 30 days, Learn to Win, or its designated third-party auditor can audit Customer’s books and records at Customer’s offices/facilities, solely for the purpose of ensuring that (i) Customer is using the Services in full compliance with the provisions of these Terms, and (ii) all applicable Fees have been paid. The audit shall be conducted during regular business hours in a manner that causes minimal disruption to Customer’s business and not more than once per year, unless legally required. In advance of such inspection, the parties shall coordinate a reasonable date as well as security and confidentiality measures in order to reduce any risk to Customer’s other contractual partners.
- Miscellaneous. Customer may not assign these Terms without Company’s prior express written consent. Company may assign these Terms freely in its sole discretion. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. These Terms are governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under this Agreement, the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Mateo County, California. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to said subject matter, whether oral or written, express or implied. Except as set forth in these Terms, these Terms may only be amended in a writing signed by the parties. Any ambiguity in these Terms will be interpreted without regard to which party drafted the Terms or any part thereof. The relationship between the parties will be that of independent contractors. Any waiver of a right arising under these Terms must be made in writing and signed by the party making the waiver. Waiver of any term of these Terms will not constitute a waiver as to any subsequent breach or failure of the same term or a waiver of any other term of these Terms. Customer agrees that any violation or threatened violation of these Terms would cause irreparable injury to Company for which monetary damages would not be an inadequate remedy, entitling Company to seek injunctive relief in addition to all legal remedies, without the posting of any bond (or any other security) or proof of actual damages. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
- Notice Regarding Apple. This Section 12.8 only applies to the extent you are using our mobile application on an iOS device. Customer acknowledges that these Terms are between Customer and Company only, not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and Apple is not responsible for the Mobile Application or the content thereof. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Mobile Application. If the Mobile Application fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the Mobile Application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation with respect to the Mobile Application. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Mobile Application or your possession and/or use of the Services, including: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; or (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that the Mobile Applications and/or your possession and use of the Service infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms when using the Mobile Application. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary of these Terms. Customer hereby represents and warrants that: (i) it is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) it is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.